Friday, March 26, 2010

Been Reading My Bible Again...

Sugar told me to start with the New Testament so that's where I have begun. But I would be remiss if I didn't share some of my thoughts or transalations with you.

I know Jesus likes to speak in parables but there is no denying that when you get right down to it He sounds a bit like a fancy fortune cookie. Which may be the reason His deciples had a tough time understanding Him.

I was also thinking about the whole "Love is patient" thing. Now it's obvious Jesus loved his deciples. But I tell you, those passages that say He left them and went up to the mountain to pray, He was praying to God for patience and asking Him, "Why on earth He sent Him THESE 12 chuckleheads that can't seem to get what I'm saying?"

There is another example of this when He sends them on ahead in the boat. He obviously needed to take a break from them so badly, that He gave them the only boat and decided it would be "easier" to walk on water than to be trapped in a boat with them and their inane questions.

Now keep in mind, this is just one theory. But the last chapter I read was "Beware the yeast of the Pharasies" and the deciples decided that what Jesus meant by that was that they had crossed the lake and not brought any bread. But He then corrects them and reminds them about the 4 loaves and the 4,000 people and the 7 loaves and the 5,000 people and all the leftovers and I almost feel as if that chapter, after Jesus corrects them, should end with Him saying "Duh!"

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do agree with you that the disciples were sorta, kinda "chuckleheads"! But then again, so am I, when it comes to spiritual matters, at times not comprehending, other times misunderstanding. But they kept at it, kept close to Jesus, just as I need to do.
    (sorry about the deleted comment but I used your real name before I saw your "about me" section)

    ReplyDelete