Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's True What They Say...

You can squeeze in exercise in all sorts of places. It doesn't matter where you are. It doesn't HAVE to be 30 plus minutes of solid exercise to "count." And there is nothing quite like the feeling you get when you know you have just accomplished SOMETHING to contribute to your own healthy lifestyle and short and long term goals.

That's exactly what I did. I am at work today and it is painfully slow. So I put on my jacket and did laps around the car wash. I think I averaged 1 lap for each minute and a half. I walked for 20 minutes. Then I rewarded myself with 10 minutes of "Heavy Cleaning" to the inside of my OWN vehicle.

So now I've accomplished 30 minutes of cardio AND have a clean car. Now I will be able to go home this afternoon and nap "guilt free."

Not to mention, Sugar and I attended a fabulous wedding last night. ANd despite the "open bar" we did not indulge in anything but Pepsi and water with lemon, except for the sip of champagne for the toast. But we DID get in about 45 minutes of dancing. There is nothing like Lady Gaga, "Boogie Shoes," and some "Footloose" to get you up out of your chair and gettin' down on the dance floor with your heart rate thumping. I know I for one worked up a heck of a sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment