Sunday, March 14, 2010

You'd Be Surprised

at just how many people DON'T know how to USE a car wash. At least once a day (when the car wash is busy) a car will pull up to the office, completely covered in rainbow soap. The driver will emerge, shrug their shoulders and in a squeaky, sheepish voice say, "I don't know what I did?"

Typically this means the customer never stopped to actually let the car get washed. No way were they going to allow blinking red lights, stop signs or pressure pads slow them down. No indeed. I'm often surprised as people "Nascar" through the wash and then appear before me to tell me that our machine didn't wash their car.

Thankfully my mental "filter" is usually in place so I don't say to them, "You never gave it a chance! Now why don't we try this again and slow it down to the speed of light and see if we can't get your car clean this time."

No comments:

Post a Comment