Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What a Marshmallow!

This is day 3 of me being back on the exercise wagon. I lost 16 pounds and saw 3 of it creep back on ironically when I gave up eating cheese for Lent (40 days). It would seem, that I overcompensated with chocolate during the cheese drought.

I started with some power walking and then walked the dog and of course my old friend the elliptical. But tonight I tackled Paula Abdul's Cardio Dance. For a musical theater actress such as myself, it is very similar to an audition. She teaches you a combination slowly and then gradually increases the tempo. Then she strings the combinations together to form one total combination.

I completed all of the cardio portion and started the toning portion, but had already done thirty minutes so I stopped. I went into the bathroom, used my inhaler, drank some water and splashed cold water on my very flush face.

To look at me, you'd never know that I performed in "42nd Street," tap dancing my little heart out, five days a week for three months. I thought I was going to collapse.

With that in mind there is a show coming up later this summer that I will want to audition for ("Chicago"). But I would never survive the auditions or callbacks in this condition. So I will continue to do this dvd until it is easy and then move on to another one. I think this is going to be a good way to train for this audition AND continue with my weight loss/healthy lifestyle endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment