Monday, March 29, 2010

That's Gonna Cost You a Dollar

It's a rainy Monday at the car wash. The perfect day to be in the office getting paperwork done. I had just called my mom to see how she was doing and she was surprised to hear I was at work because it was raining. She had no sooner asked the question, "Who washes their car in the rain?" when the office phone rang.

A customer put a dollar in one of the vaccuums and it didn't start and it took her dollar. I said I would be righht out. I came out with another dollar and fed it into the machine. I sucked it in and spit it back out and then began to click. So I suggested that she pull over to one of the other machines and I would start it for her.

Then the customer says, "Well actually I think I'm going to go somewhere else. You see I didn't realize the hose was all wet and I don't want to drag it into my car and get it all wet and stuff."

So without and audible word I extended the lady the dollar. However, in my head I said, "Ok you can go some place else. But the fee for being stupid is a dollar. And believe me, you're getting off cheap!"

How could she NOT realize the hose would be wet? Hello?? You're about to vaccuum your car in the RAIN!!! Definately should have kept her dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment